Hi! My name is Jessica Christensen. I’m thrilled to be able to pursue my lifelong passion of photography. I received my first camera as a gift from my grandfather when I was just 7 years old. I then promptly spent all my allowance (minus a cut for chocolate!) on film and processing. A few years later my grandfather gave me his old rangefinder from his days in the Korean war and I learned how to compose and shoot in manual. A few years after that he gave me his ‘backup’ camera which was a Minolta. This one had AUTOFOCUS! Can you tell my grandfather was proud to encourage my photography habits? :) (Thanks Grandpa! I miss you…)
From then on photography has been a huge part in my life. I spent countless hours in the darkroom in High School and far more in college… I worked to earn a Photography Degree and finished college in 2000. Shortly after that I began working for a small studio in Lowell, MI. I learned there that my passion was for weddings & babies!
In 2002 I began Details ETC Photography. Why ‘details, etc’? Well, when I thought about it, I realized some of my favorite things to capture are the details of our lives. When it comes to a wedding, I adore all the sweet details the bride spends so much time choosing, things like the jewelry, the accents and centerpieces. I love capturing all those for eternity on film. For babies, families, the details of the relationships, the sweet kisses, glances and expressions, and all the sweet little feet & fingers… I love those! Over the past 15 years my style has evolved and grown and currently I’d say I have a great mix of photojournalism and a more traditional style with mix of romance and fun.
10 Things to Know About Me!
- I’m a coffee freak! I love love love my caffeine! Give me a Cinnamon Dolce Latte and you’ll be on my good side for life! LOL
- My Grandpa gave me my first camera when I was 7! I spent all my allowance (minus a cut for chocolate!) on film and processing!
- My hair is ‘red’ right now! But the shade of red changes on a regular basis depending on my (shout out for Janelle Zachow at Sacred Roots Salon) mood that day!
- When I’m not doing photography- I spend time with my two sweet kiddos and my adorable dog Pippen and my very regal Maine Coon cat named River…
- I’ve always wanted to write a book…
- I love to cook and bake, but I hate to wash the dishes…sigh.
- I am incredibly loyal to my good friends. I’d do anything for them.
- I love people, and despite being shy at times, I love meeting new people.
- I love Masterpiece- in particular Downton Abbey, Poldark, & Mr Selfridge!
- I’m a girly-girl sometimes but I still love nature, outdoors and camping!
I have worked hard to become an unobtrusive wedding photographer who captures the spontaneous fun and joy of your wedding day. If you are looking for an experienced & creative Michigan wedding photographer, I would love to hear from you and learn more about you and your wedding plans. Send me an email at email@example.com